If I started my day at the Ritz-Carlton in Boston,
my coffee would look like this.


I would be greeted with this unique arrangement of
succulents, sand and stone as I exited the elevator.


And would then be wowed by this towering display
of spring branches, moss and hyacinths.


Now that is art in bloom!


I really wish I had taken more pictures of Boston last night after seeing The Lion King on stage at the The Boston Opera House (so amazing!) I guess I was too busy enjoying the views and the company of my friends : ) I did remember to take a few snapshots later in the evening as we relaxed first in the lobby of the Ritz and then in the Je-Ne Restaurant and Bar (our cappuccinos were decaf, but we stayed out till midnight, not bad for a school night!)



I will say, while watching the show, my friends and I were completely mesmerized by the creativity of the set design. The fabrics, the colors, the textures, the grand scale of it all! The visual interpretation of this animated movie that I last enjoyed when my kids were “little-like-Simba left me thinking “how can I incorporate dramatic presence in my own designs?




I am happy to say that I will have a chance to do just that in mid-May when I participate in the North Shore Design Show: Favorite Spaces at the Wenham Museum. I am so happy to be included again in this great event. Creating a space for a design show is almost like an exercise in set decorating, just on a much more manageable scale. Can you imagine how many people it takes to set the stage for an elaborate production like The Lion King?




What I love about any production, whether on Broadway or at a local design event, is knowing that the people behind the scenes are combining their talents to put on a show for the public to enjoy ...
forget your troubles for awhile, step into a visual story, and let the beauty of artistic interpretation transport you to a world of imagination. And what artist – whether dancer, singer or designer – doesn’t enjoy a round of applause every now and then?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top